Thursday, April 16, 2009

Music is a Feeling...Not Just a Sound

So yeah it has been a minute since the last post...my bad...but then again it is not like anyone really reads this anymore...or do they? Anyways since the last time we talked I have had a girlfriend now for about a year and 4 months...yeah I know what you are saying...it has been a long, long time...yeah and now I am in college at Cal Poly Pomona...so far I love it and I am having a blast everyday...now that you got a lil' update let's get to the real topic of this post...Since last talking to all of you I have gotten the ability to use music to express my feelings...no I do not play any instruments unless you count making rap and r&b beats on a keyboard...but I do appreciate others music regardless of genre and I use their words to express mine...Just tonight I went to a concert that happened to be on the campus of CPP, (Cal Poly Pomona for those that don't get it) and it was legit...To hear the words of artist live gave me the chance to not only hear their voices, but feel the impact of them performing it...It was more than words, bottom line...I have found out that music is to some like basketball or drawing is to me...a way to express feeling, thoughts and anything that person wants...To be able to express all that in an art form makes a person feel invincible...Music is not just a sound for people to dance to...it is someone's feelings in a different form...next time you listen to music, disregard the beat or the chorus or the rhythm...just listen to the lyrics and what that person is trying to tell the audience...This view has shaped me yet again into another form of myself...I am completely different from the last John in this blog...I am opened and have found new ways to express my feeling and thoughts...keep all this in mind and live with an open mind and acceptance to others' views---peace---

No comments: